Thursday, February 2, 2012

Newsflash: I Crave Structure

Ok so.. for someone in the world, working part time from home is dream come true.  Forgive me for sounding ungrateful, but I'm not that person.  I like to busy, frantic even.  I'm only working collectively, say 15-20 hours per week, and since I only have one class and my thesis is plugging along, well...I have too much time on my hands.

photo borrowed from raywj.com 

Frankly, all this free time is making me feel a little listless.

photo
Frankenstein wishes he was busy too
So I've decided, if a job & school won't do it, I'm going to have to schedule myself within an inch of my life.  Because let's be real, if I have four hours to write a blog post, go for a run, take a shower and write a press release it ain't gonna happen...buuut, if I have 30 mins to write a blog post, 1 hour to go for a run, 30 mins to get dressed and showered and an hour to write a press release, I'll also manage to write a chapter of my Master's thesis & knock out some strength training in those four hours.  I just need to be structured.

This is totally normal, right?

So part one of this plan is to get up at the same time everyday and workout as if I were super busy.  Morning runs and workouts are coming back folks.  I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment