Friday, April 6, 2012

Motivation: Lost and Found

Remember back in January when I was supposed to run the Manhattan Half but it sort of got snowed out/I was too lazy to run it if I didn't have to?


Well I was very much not ready to run that race.  I took a bit of a break from running over the holidays and it took me all of January and February to get back on the horse.  Now I am by NO means in training mode, but I've been getting in a consistent 15 or so miles every week, which, for my "off-season" is acceptable (not ideal, but life goes on).

Anyhow, my first actual race (that I AM going to show up to) is tomorrow and I'm pretty excited!  It's a 10K, so it's small beans and I'll be slow as molasses, but I'm psyched because... (Run on sentence much?)  I'm using this race as the kick start to my half marathon training for the BROOKLYN HALF!

This popular NYRR race, that I've been trying to run for the past three years is always sold out before I get the memo.  This year, I stalked that registration site like a cat on a piece of twill and I got it! So on May 19th I will run from lovely prospect park down to the coney island boardwalk to devour a nathan's hotdog before 10am.

Sometimes all you need to motivate yourself is within you...other times, you need a reward.  Do you give yourself rewards for consistent training and strong performances?

What works? What doesn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment