Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend or Anything But Turkey

After Thanksgiving, I was ready for anything but Turkey.  Lucky for me, this weekend was full of scrumptious food far from holiday fare.  I got back to Brooklyn from the Homeland on Friday night and promptly set a date at Joya, a Thai restaurant in Cobble Hill.  There are only two words to describe this spot: delicious and affordable.  We split an appetizer, and each had an entree and with tip the whole thing was $30 including tax and tip. Yay!


I got one of the specials: skirt steak over spicy noodles with vegetables.  Sorry about the crappy picture, but it was truly great (even reheated 6 hours and several beers later... Note to self: drinking multiple bud lights is not a good idea ever, but especially after you've had on average 1 a week for four months because you're training for a marathon). 

Saturday night I met up with my gorgeous friend Maggie and some of her sister's friends for dinner at Dos Caminos in the Meatpacking District.  This was classier and more grown up than my typical Saturday night, but very, very fun.  Since I was hanging with some real grown ups, I felt it might be taboo to photograph my food, so you will just have to imagine how good my ASADA TACOS looked and tasted.

This afternoon I needed a quick and cheap lunch, so I stopped by Lopez Bakery for a spicy pollo panini.  One of the best thing about this place is that every sandwich/panini comes with your choice of salad: fruit, Isreali, coleslaw or corn and bean.  How awesome is that?


However, my favorite meal of my post-turkey weekend came from my very own kitchen.  It wasn't fancy, it wasn't exotic, it didn't take any skill to make, and it was even a little boring.  Salmon with habanero sauce, brown rice with butter, and frozen broccoli.


But you know what? It wasn't turkey!

How was your Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment