Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Name is Aubrie and I am an Overpacker.

Recognizing the problem is the first step to solving it right?  Haha, this problem will never be solved.  Anyhow, for as long as I can remember (probably as long as my mother can remember), I've been overpacking.  Typically it's the shoes that get me.  I like to have, ohh, 2 or 3 options per outfit packed, and I need 2 or 3 options of outfits for each day, depending on the weather, how casual/dressy we end up being...  As you can see there are completely legitimate reasons to overpack!  Anyhow, I did my best to keep it simple for this weekend's trip to Westhampton, but I may still have overdone it:


From left to right: beach cover up (obviously), $2 Old Nave flip flops, wedges, sneakers, summer blouse, two pairs of shorts, running clothes, two sundresses (one more formal, one more casual, duh), two tank tops, one pair of jeans, a sweater and a hoodie....and folks, there's only three pairs of shoes in this photo, including my running shoes...WIN. (Not pictured: a ridiculous amount of toiletries, underthings, beach towel, cowboy hat, and lots of sunscreen)  This might still be a bit much for a weekend at the beach, but I like to have options!  Also, it all fits very nicely into this swag bag I picked up last semester...


I think it looks rather "tony" don't you? (Wink wink...theater folk, I know you got that one, don't act like you don't think I'm hilarious.)  There's also a nice bottle of wine in the bottom of that bag :)  

How about you?  Overpacker? Underpacker? Have booze will travel?




1 comment:

  1. i'm an overpacker.... you will see for yourself shortly. or my bag just looks a lot bigger than it really is haha

    ReplyDelete