Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Taking the First Step

Photo borrowed from FredSchwartz.net
My life has been in flux for the past few years, but stability is finally in sight.  I'll finish my graduate classes in December and will collect my MFA in June of 2012 (if all goes well).  Hopefully at that point I will be gainfully employed and can begin living like a real grownup...at 26.  To honor the momentous occasion (ya know 26 is a huge deal) of finally living like a legitimate adult I'll be running the 2012 ING New York City Marathon.  This blog will follow the last leg of my journey as a student.  From fulfilling the NYRR 9+1 requirements for guaranteed entry in the marathon, to trying to make rent on a $30 per day internship, to finding myself in the big bad city; I've got an uphill battle, but I'm ready to conquer.  Join me!


No comments:

Post a Comment