Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Weekend in the Country

So I grew up in Bucks County, Pennsylvania, and my parents still live there today.  I never thought much of it (I mean I knew it was a nice place to live and all), but when I moved to New York I realized that its something of a destination.  One of my bosses would visit her friend's "country house" in Bucks County, and nowadays there are ads on the train and telephone booths in Manhattan for "Beautiful Bucks".

Whether it's a weekend vacation destination, or a place I once called home, it is pretty beautiful:
(and that's just my parents backyard!)

When I got out there on Friday night I went over my friend Kara's house for apps and zerts with our friend Amanda (I've known them both since 4th grade!!).  As it turns out, Kara is a regular Martha Stewart and treated us to alll this deliciousness:

I got to spend Saturday with family, as my cousin Marissa's adorable little twins were turning 1!  The twins, a girl and a boy are the world's cutest kids, but I was having too much fun to take pictures, so you'll never know.  The party was adorable too.  The whole thing was "Thing 1 and Thing 2" themed from Dr. Suess.  Marissa did an amazing job making the whole day beautiful.

Again, I forgot to take pictures on Sunday when I did brunch with my favorite ladies from high school cheerleading, Kaitlyn and Marissa (different Marissa, and yes I was a cheerleader in high school...four years of varsity and captain senior year...and no, I'm not ashamed).  Suffice it to say, they are both gorgeous and doing well and blueberry pancakes have a very special place in my heart.

It was a super relaxing weekend and a much needed respite from the oppressive heat we've had in the city.  I tried to get a 12 miler in on Saturday morning, but it devolved into a run/walk 6 miles.  I'm not mad, sometimes you need to give yourself a break...I needed it.

Any weekend trips out there?  How do you get away from the city in the summer?





No comments:

Post a Comment