Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Finals + Holidays = Sporadic Workouts

While I LOVE the holiday season, I haven't spent much time enjoying it this year.  Unfortunately my finals go up until December 21st, and since the event I'm coordinating at work happens right after the new year, I'm completely slammed at the office.  So right now, my average day looks like this:

7:30- wake up
8:30- leave for work
9/9:30- get to work
9:30-5 WORK LIKE CRAZY
5-6pm-travel to class
6-8:30- SO MUCH LEARNING
9/9:30- get home from class
9:30-12- FINAL PROJECTS, STUDY FOR FINAL EXAMS, MORE FINAL PROJECTS
12- Fall alseep on top of my extremely novice architectural model of a theater

Somewhere in all this madness I have to eat, shop for Christmas gifts, and plan my holiday travel.  Needless to say, I am not getting much exercise.  (As in I am FAILING the 30 for 60 Challenge.)  Instead, I'm being careful about what goes into my body, since I know I won't have the opportunity to sweat it out.

Lucky for me, FAGE Greek yogurt was on sale this weekend, so I've got lots of delicious protein to start my days.  I've been eating a lot of these at my desk:

A whole lot of fruit on the run,

And I've allowed myself a couple little pieces of dark chocolate everyday to curb any sweets cravings.

Yum.  Normally I'd get sluggish from only working out once or twice a week, but I'm going on week two of a reduced schedule and I'm still feeling pretty good.  Here's hoping I can keep it up until the semester is over and I can get back to this:

No comments:

Post a Comment