Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Wild Weekend...of Homework

It's the holiday finals season over here, and I had one wild weekend preparing for it.  I stayed in Friday night just to decompress from the insane week I've had, and to get a head start on my weekend itinerary: work on three final project, study for one final exam and write one final exam for my undergrads. 

Saturday I was lucky enough to get breakfast with one of my favorite people.  I neglected to take pictures, but I had whole wheat french toast with Canadian bacon.  It was delicious, and fueled me through several hours of research, but I hit my focus wall and knew it was time for a distraction.

Cooking!  This is completely unglamorous, but I make food in bulk over the weekend so I don't have to during my busy weekdays.  Cube up some chicken breast, griddle with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper, and you've got a lean protein to add to any meal all week long!

 
After cooking up the week's supplies, I still wasn't ready to head back to the books so I hit the gym.  Day 3 of 30 for 60 consisted of 30 minutes of speed drills on the treadmill, followed by 20 minutes of strength training and 10 minutes of stretching. 

Dinner was leftover Chinese with some extra veggies thrown in, with a side of homework.


After a looong day of gettin stuff DONE, I was in no shape to go out, but in serious need of a break.  I learned something very important at my corner bodega, Stella Artois now comes in a can!






I had one of these suckers and was tucked in bed by midnight.  I told you guys, WILD.  I would tell you about how thrilling Sunday was, but you probably couldn't handle all the awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment