Monday, July 18, 2011

It's National Ice Cream Day!

Self Magazine told me so!  I have a sixth sense about these things though (these things meaning any possible reason/excuse to indulge in sweet goodness), so I got my fix last night.

My nails match my ice cream...
So after my wild Friday night and lazy Saturday, I actually did get up on Sunday and knock out my first training run of the season.  I kicked a solid 10 miles, and a run/walked eleventh mile before stretching, icing and sitting on my ass for the rest of the day.  As I'm a coffee drinker, I can't do a long run without caffein-ating first, so I started my day with half of a large iced coffee and half an english muffin with peanut butter and banana.  When I got home I consumed the other halves...and then I ate a lot of cheese (what? I mixed the cheese with black beans and salsa!  don't judge my cheese obsession!).

Since I have a really cool part time gig in which I WORK FROM HOME (this is seriously the coolest thing ever imo), I got some work done to earn some cash money, and then watched the Women's World Cup.  Can we talk about a great game?  Because I was totally nail biting the entire time.  While it would have been amazing to see the US Women win (how awesome are they?), I wasn't upset that the Japanese took the Cup.  First of all, they earned it (I don't think I've ever seen such a no-bull soccer game), second of all, Japan really needed a win this year.  Even so, second place in the World Cup is nothing to scoff at and I'm pretty proud of all these strong American women.  Here's to you ladies!

photo sourced from TVGuide.com

No comments:

Post a Comment