Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer Fridays

I am one of those lucky folks that gets "Summer Fridays."  For those of you who aren't privy to this time honored tradition, Summer Fridays are generous gifts of half days on all the Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day.  This means that my workday ends at 2pm today.  Woot.  However, this shortened day makes one feel like there is just not enough time to embark on a new project (read: there were tequila shots at my friend's birthday dinner last night and I am not motivated).  Given my limited time (attention span) today, I am going to take you on a tour of my desk.

Exhibit A

As you can tell from the sweeping views of midtown Manhattan, I am a very important person around here.  In Exhibit A you will find my collection of fine art.  From left to right: Charlie and I at LA CAVERNA (NYC's most exclusive and fancy nightlife spot for sure), my lovely parentals and little (big) brother, and the future rulers of the universe (my grad school classmates).  Next you'll find various vessels used for imbibing caffeine.  When archaeologists find this someday they will believe humans vital source of life was coffee, not water.  On the computer is a gorgeous image of beautiful Bucks County (shout out hometown), that I stole from the internet....oops.

Exhibit B

Since I spent a number of my childhood years in the South, I have an affinity for mason jars.  When archaeologists dig up North Carolina, they're going to think mason jars were the primary currency in the state.  Fact.  I also keep a bulletin board with uber important memos on my desk.  (Sometimes I take things on and off of it to look like I'm super busy.)  You can't really see it, but there's also a cute little pair of magnetic initials next to the phone.  These were a gift from my adorbs cousin Carly, and another nod to my (few and far between) Southern tendencies (read: they monogram/intitial EVERYTHING)  The phone is cool.  I call Miss Cleo on the reg (not really, why would I pay for psychic services when I can get a full astrological analysis of my life for FREE on the internet?).  Also of crucial importance to looking busy and VIP is the big black binder.  There's nothing but a Table of Contents in there right now, but I find its very presence gives my workspace weight. 

Alright folks, now that you've toured my crib (MTV reference anyone?), and I've ingested enough caffeine to sincerely get some work done, I'm going to sign off for the weekend.  Have a great 4th of July and spectacular 3 day weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment