Thursday, July 21, 2011

Things that are really good for me

Exhibit A
Yesterday I had a little pity party for myself.  Even though I brought my gym bag with me to work, I didn't go (in all fairness I did have hours of work to do when I got home), and after dinner I skulked down the block for a cheese danish (yes, I even love sweet cheese).  This morning I had to be at work early, so I didn't get up before work to run before the HEATPOCALYPSE (it is like a bajillion degrees in NYC right now), but I've got my gym bag again and I think my resolve is a little stronger today. 

I just had a ginormous (newest word in the dictionary!!) salad from Chop't and I'm feeling great.  This morning's early meeting was super, I have on a power outfit*, and there is a seltzer in my future (the only thing I like more than cheese is bubbly water)!  I've been drinking lots of water today (mostly because it's freaking hot), have only had one grain so far today, and already knocked down 4 servings of fruits/veggies, and 2 servings of protein.  As it turns out, eating well makes me feel really good.  Yesterday I was (sleepy)whiny and hungry all day.  Today I'm full and full of energy, and PUMPED yo.   

Lessons for the day:

1) Sleeping in when I need it is smart.
2) Getting dressed and ready in the morning makes me feel ready for the day.
3) Eating more protein and veggies with less grains feels good.

Do I get a cupcake for learning my lesson?



*power outfit refers to articles of clothing that when put together make the wearer feel powerful (See exhibit A, please note the elevator is not air conditioned and the lighting is bad, forgive the photographer for sucking at taking photos)


No comments:

Post a Comment