Friday, September 9, 2011

Comfort Eating/Buying

I woke up this morning with the feeling that a cold might be coming on, so I'm in defense mode today.  Since I don't have classes on Friday nights, I decided to bump my AM run to a PM in order to catch some more zzzs.  For breakfast I got a whole wheat bagel with strawberry cream cheese (not a healthy choice, but an acceptable every so often deviation imo) with an apple and a glass of OJ (DEFENSE!).  So much yum.  My lunch looked like this:
(walnuts, dried cranberries, mixed greens, goat cheese & italian dressing)

and some of this:

It was not so delicious as I thought it would be when I impulse bought it at Duane Reade, which is unfortunate because I was really craving some fall weather soup.  Note to self: don't buy food at the drug store.  I did however walk out of there with some serious wins.

Essie's "eternal optimist" and mellowcreme pumpkins!!!  Nail  polish is my go to, quick fix, pick-me-up for everything.  I'm feeling a little sad?  Buy nail polish.  I'm feeling a little under the weather? Buy nail polish.  The world is falling down around us and the rapture is upon us?  BUY NAIL POLISH!  Seriously, it can effectively solve all distract from problems.  The pumpkins?  Yea, if you're not familiar with them, they are a juiced up version of traditional candy corn.  The main ingredient is high fructose corn syrup, and I will probably die 5 years before my time for eating them, but they are so good.  I have an affinity for seasonal candy.  I can say no to a snickers or a starburst no problem, but if it's holiday candy, I am powerless to resist!  This includes: mellowcreme pumpkins, cadbury cream eggs and candy canes.  They are my kryptonite.  This one's another bad habit of mine:
(can you say pot o' gold?)


What's your favorite bad habit?

No comments:

Post a Comment