Tuesday, September 27, 2011

True Confession Tuesday

1) I'm back on diet soda.  I had one on Friday and another one tomorrow.  I went two weeks without having one at all, which I'm pretty proud of, but I feel like the fact that I'm not having one every. single. day. is progress.  I'll keep working on it, but in a jam when I need caffeine and all that's available in a vending machine, sometimes a girl just needs a Diet Coke. 

2) I had chocolate chip cookies for breakfast.  I KNOW.  There isn't any breakfast food in my apartment since my weekly grocery shopping got pushed to tomorrow (heyyy no classes on a weekday night!!).  So I had a couple cookies (they're homemade so I know there's nothing unnatural in them :)...no?).  Since I stopped to get an iced coffee on the way to work, I also picked up this guy:

NAKED's green monster.  Um, how have I never had one of these before?  dElicious!!  Also, there's like a day's worth of vitamin A and C and a good portion of other vitamin goodness like Bs and folate, plus 4 grams of protein.  Not bad for a beverage.  It is high in calories, which is probably why I'd never gotten one before, but it's got so much fruit and veg in it (no added sugar!) that it totally doubles as breakfast.  Awesome.

3) I took another rest day today.  I'm feeling a little bit burnt out by life right now, and I was still exhausted when my alarm went off at 6am...so I reset the alarm and went back to sleep.  I have much shorter days the rest of this week, so I know I'll be able to get my mileage in no problem, even with taking two days off of training. 

So those are my confessions.  I'm walking a little bit of a fine line here between busy and COMPLETELY OVER THE EDGE INSANE BUSY right now, and it means that I have to make compromises on my lifestyle sometimes.  It doesn't mean that I can't do my best every day and that each new meal, or workout isn't another chance.  Mess up once, ok.  Do better next time.  Mess up a whole week, that's ok too.  Be better next week.  Mess up for years?  That's ok too.  Right now is a fresh moment.  Give it you're best shot. 

Got any confessions you want to air?

No comments:

Post a Comment