Saturday, September 3, 2011

I'm an Adjunct!

Sooo, I'm teaching an undergraduate course at Brooklyn College this semester (squeee!).  I was a little intimidated when I first got the job, but after the AMAZING support of my department and some alums, I felt completely prepared and ready to take on teaching at the university level.  I spent the summer drafting a syllabus, working out a class structure, writing lesson plans, and securing (the world's coolest ever) guest speakers.  All that was left for me to do was get in the classroom. What does Brooklyn's newest adjunct look like on the first day of class? 

Excited!  (For the record, the class went reallly well, and the students seem fantastic.  I feel incredibly lucky to be able to share my passion with such great individuals.)  Anyhow, since I was so darn pumped up, I didn't really eat much all day.  (Well, that and the fact that there's NO food in my apartment.)  So I treated myself to Chipotle before my class (I'm still working on ye old MFA).
There are few things better than an enormous burrito with lots of hot sauce, but teaching college students might be one of them :)


No comments:

Post a Comment