Monday, September 12, 2011

The weekend I accidentally disconnected

I didn't plan on it, but I ended up spending very little time on the web, twitter, foursquare, facebook, mobile, etc. this weekend.  I was a little bit preoccupied, a little bit busy, and a little bit plain old lazy.. so no blogging.  Right now I've got a killer sinus headache, so if I stop making sense, please forgive me.  (Also if you have a cure for a sinus headache and sinus congestion I will be forever grateful!) 

Friday ended up being a crazy night for me!  I expected to be home alone in bed by 10pm like the boring old lady I've become nowadays.  Let's just say I didn't get home til FAR later than that, and I did not kick out 14 miles on Saturday.  To be honest, I'm not too upset about it.   I didn't end up going on a legitimate long run this weekend, but I covered 28 miles for the week, so I wasn't too far off of my goals.  Besides, going to see my friends' show, spending time with some of my new classmates, and catching up with old college friends was all infinitely more important than my run.  Life is like that.  Fitness and training are important, but they are a part of your life, not all of it.  The people in your life will always matter more than your marathon PR, or the number on the scale, or the "cleanness" of your diet.  Remember that.

Saturday was lazy, I went to work for a few hours in the afternoon, and then exhausted, fell asleep on the couch before I could meet up with a neighborhood friend for drinks.  I guess my body knows what it needs.  I did however have some delicious (and incredibly spicy) green curry for lunch:

Sunday was a day for being quiet and running errands.  I went on a sweet little run to clear my head, did my grocery shopping, went to church, baked some cupcakes and watched football.  (YEA EAGLES!)  I wore my Eagles green, but forgot to take a picture until long after I was covered in powdered sugar, so instead I give you a picture of my Sunday night.
Obviously Corona and cupcakes go together.

The most important thing I did on Sunday though, was reach out to those important to me and let them know that I love them. 

How did you spend your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment